Call Us Today! 919-380-9700
Request Your Free Consultation
Our agents' expertise is always free, whether or not you decide to enroll in a plan.
What is MediCare?
Medicare is a health insurance program from the federal government administered by CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services). Medicare is generally available to anyone 65 or older and to those under 65 with certain disabilities.
How can a Medicare insurance agent in Cary help me find the right plan?
At the Wooten Agency, we’re dedicated to ensuring North Carolinians have access to the best healthcare coverage possible. We know insurance can be confusing and complicated so our goal is to give you peace of mind. When you talk with our Medicare insurance brokers in Cary, you’ll be walked through the process so you feel empowered to make informed decisions for yourself or a loved one. Learn about your options below.
You may choose to get coverage two ways:
Part C – Medicare
|Part A Hospital Insurance
Part B Medical Insurance
Part D Prescription Drug Coverage
Medicare Supplement Insurance
How do I enroll in Medicare?
- In most cases, Medicare Parts A and B begin the 1st day of the month in which you turn age 65.
- If you are already receiving Social Security benefits, you will not need to enroll. You will automatically receive your Medicare card approximately 3 ½ months before the effective date.
- If you are not receiving your Social Security benefits, call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 within 3 months prior to the effective date (the 1st day of the month in which you turn age 65). You can enroll over the phone, set up an appointment at the SSA office, or enroll online at www.medicare.gov.
- You do not need to start your Social Security benefits at age 65 to enroll in Medicare.
- The SSA will bill you quarterly for Part B of Medicare until your Social Security benefits begin. At that point, the SSA will deduct the premium for Part B from your Social Security benefit on a monthly basis.
You can delay Part B if you have group coverage from your or your spouse’s current employer. You will need to enroll in Part B two or three months prior to your retirement, or loss of this group insurance; whichever occurs first.
Let a Wooten Medicare insurance agent in Cary help you make the best choice for yourself and the ones you love.