If you need a new Part D plan for 2016, our agents are happy to assist you; however, if you would like to navigate the part D program on your own, we hope these instructions will help! Before you begin, make a list of your prescriptions, including dosages, quantities and generic vs brand preferences, then visit www.medicare.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: Research and enrollment for prescription plans cannot begin until October 15th.
1. Click on “Find Health and Drug Plans” (see corresponding numbered box)
1.Under “General Search, ” enter your zip code. (It is not necessary for you to enter a personalized search unless you desire to do so) 2.Click on “Find Plans” You will then be directed to Medicare’s Step 1 of 4, but we will call it “Step 3”
Select “Original Medicare” under the first heading of :How do you get your Medicare coverage?”
Select “I don’t get any Extra Help” under the second heading of “Do you get help from Medicare or your state to may your Medicare prescription drug costs?”
1. Under “Name of Drug” enter your first medication 2. After entering your drug, a text box will appear asking you to specify your dosage, quantity, frequency and pharmacy preference. Note: For best results, choose “every month:” for frequency 3. Select the appropriate choices, then click on “Add drug and dosage.” Note: If your dosage does not appear, double check that you have entered the correct medication. 4. Your medication and dosage will appear in the bottom half of the screen under “My Drug List” 5. Continue to add your medication in this way until your list is complete 6. Note: Before selecting “My Drug list is complete,” be sure to document your drug List ID and Password Date for the “Retrieve My Saved Drug List.” (Your ID will not appear until you have entered your first drug)
1. Select up to two pharmacies by clicking on “Add Pharmacy” under each listing. We recommend selecting your top choice followed by a chain a pharmacy, such as Walmart, Walgreens, CVS or Sam’s Club, as these pharmacies are most often in the network 2. After choosing your pharmacies, click on “Continue to Plan Results”
1. “Select the Prescription Plans Options (with original Medicare)” 2. After making this selection, click on “continue to Plan Results”
1. Plan results will be organized according to lowest estimated costs. To view more plans, click on “view all” 2. To view details for each plan, click on the name of the plan
The detailed view that appears will provide you with the estimated monthly premiums, annual deductibles (if applicable), estimate of your annual cost, etc… • Keep in mind the displayed costs are estimates and actual costs to you may vary • Be aware of any medication restrictions, including quantity limits, prior authorization and step therapy • After deciding which plan you want, you may enroll by calling the “non Members” number or by clicking on the “Enroll” button found in the “Drug Costs & Coverage” section