Call Us Today! 919-380-9700
Request Your Free Consultation
Our agents' expertise is always free, whether or not you decide to enroll in a plan.
10 Essential Health Benefits
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all US health coverage plans cover the following 10 Essential Health Benefits:
1. Ambulatory patient services
2. Emergency services
4. Pre and post natal care
5. Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
6. Prescription drugs
7. Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices that help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills.)
8. Laboratory services
9. Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
10. Pediatric services (including dental and vision care)
Find more information about these 10 benefits.
Choosing the Right Plan
While the ACA requires that all insurance providers include the Essential Health Benefits, there are five insurance categories, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Catastrophic which determine how you and your provider share the cost of your care. Most importantly, these categories have nothing to do with the quality or the amount of care you can receive. The Wooten Agency will work closely with you to determine which plan best fits your financial needs.
It is important to note that these 10 benefits are minimum requirements. Some plans may offer specialized benefits at varying costs to you. Our agents can also show you additional Protection Plans that may help with out-of-pocket costs that your regular insurance may not cover.